Today was a very special day. Now Queen Beatrix abdicated the throne to Prince Willem-Alexander. He is the first King since 1890 and in order to celebrate I bring you this very special Orange soup. To celebrate the change of power in the House of Orange.
Ingredients: 500g carrots, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 orange, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cubes of chicken stock, 1 sprig of rosemary, one spoonful of curry powder, 1 liter of water
- Cut up all of your vegetables into small pieces.
- Sauté your vegetables, the curry powder and rosemary in a hot pan with a little oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 liter of water, you chicken stock and the juice of one orange (about 200 ml) and bring it up to a boil
- Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Take a stick blender and puree your soup. Please be careful when doing this you don’t want to get boiling hot liquid all over you.
And that’s it, you made orange soup! I have to warn you though, the curry flavor might be a little overwhelming. If you want something more refreshing take out some of the curry add a little bit more orange juice and perhaps even some orange zest.